The Foveaux Freighter is based at Bluff and completes freight runs from Bluff to Oban (Stewart Island).
The number of freight runs per week and the days sailed depend on the season, the weather and freight volumes.
The Foveaux Freighter sails at other times to carry out specific charter work.
Some examples of the other work include the following:-
• The placing of new moorings for vessels;
• Servicing vessel moorings;
• Taking gravel to Stewart Island;
• Taking large vehicles to Stewart Island;
• Taking marine farm equipment to Big Glory Bay;
• Bringing mussels and oysters from Big Glory Bay; and
• Towing barges.